Compiling, Colour & Texture

When putting together the scene, we decided it looked a little bare with only the 2 main trees in the story so I duplicated some of the background trees that Rachael had modelled to simply fill the background. We added clouds that Jess had modelled from a previous project that didn’t come of use and also used some grass models that Rachael had done, scattering and resizing these I was able to make the scene look a little more realistic as such.

I replaced a few things in the scene and grouped everything together to tidy up the outliner box. This made it easier to see what we were using and what didn’t need to be there. There was different objects in the outliner box that weren’t in use and were unnecessary so I just deleted these. Grouping the main trees, the ground, clouds etc. By doing this it was quicker to find what we needed

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 15.27.31
Outliner Organisation
Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 10.48.13
Scene (low quality render view)
Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 15.00.25
Scene (rendered HD_1080)
Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 15.00.10
Apple and Grass Close-Up (rendered HD_720)

Rachael and I decided that it was best to keep the models low poly and keep the colour/textures pretty plain to save render time. We needed to get it finished and we knew we had a shortage of time. To get it complete we thought this would be the best option so we knew rough time for rendering and could add more after the presentation if we wanted to. Although it looked a little plain and very cartoony, we wanted to keep the colours bright so that at least it had a happy and energetic vibe going on. We stuck to the simple lambert shader with colour and didn’t add any textures apart from the apples on the trees, we used ‘Blinn’ for these to give them a slight shine like fresh apples would be as you can see in the middle image.

We also added a skydive light and added a colour to this so that we could have a sky but also a constant light that gave similar drop off like the sun as it was an outdoor setting. We had trouble with adding shadows when transferring the file, it disappeared and we had to figure out how to get this back. We realised that the shadows were still there they just hadn’t been showing in the render view. Once we rendered in a high quality (HD_1080) with Arnold, it looked well.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s