Once we had enough models to start putting together our scene, we played around with how we wanted it to look. We didn’t have an exact plan in our head incase it didn’t end up looking how we’d like so we just starting putting the models into place where we thought it looked good.
In both of these models, there is just one long path for the camera to eventually travel through. However, we realised that the environment was very tight and cramped and we wanted it to be more open so that when the camera was travelling through that you could see as much as possible. We also thought it would look more natural if the models were more scattered rather than be in a set place, since Pompeii is mostly ruins.
These were the final construct renders of our Pompeii scene. We thought this looked more natural in the sense that it was happening on the day of Vesuvius erupting, e.g. pillars were falling. Some textures had been added but at this part we struggled with getting the textures to stay on the models. With some help from second years, we realised that whatever had happened we set the project in the wrong place and were adding the texture images to the wrong folder. We had to reset the project a few times and redo the textures multiple times which was very tedious.
The layout of the final scene gave the camera a more free space to move around in and also a pillar to jump over as it was moving through which made it more effective rather than the camera just move gin one straight direction towards Vesuvius.